The 16th century building, located inside the historical centre of Bosa, was entrusted in 1648 to the brothers of St. John of God who had been running the adjacent Hospital of Mercy since 1644. Located in the homonymous street (via Santa Croce), the church Santa Croce dates back to 1580. It is located in a square with a suggestive rectangular structure that increases its charm. The interior has a rectangular nave, an apse and five chapels three on the right side of the entrance and two on the left. The connection of the domed roof reveals technical solutions that would confirm a renovation of the building in the Baroque period at the end of the 17th century. The tympanum is curved, surmounted by a rectangular window. The decoration of the church was carried out at the end of the 19th century by Emilio Scherer. Inside the apse are painted the Veronica on the right and St. Helena on the left; in the basin is depicted the resurrection of Christ. The statues depicting Jesus in the garden, the flagellation, the crowning of thorns, Christ carrying the cross and Our Lady of Sorrows, which are carried in procession during the rites of Holy Week, are of great beauty.
A Church certainly worth visiting.